Sunday, July 14, 2013

Things are Cookin' in the Philippines

What a week. They just keep getting better and better.  The months are flying by. Remember how I said last week that we were having trouble finding investigators? Yeah not anymore.  We found 11 new investigators this week! However, we invited every one of them to church and not one of them showed up.  I'm still confident that a few of those new investigators will progress.  We just have to continue to teach with the spirit and eventually they'll figure out that this is probably the most pivotal moment in their life.  It makes me quite sad when people don't keep commitments or tell us that they don't want to listen to our message because they honestly just don't understand.  We are trying to teach them the most important message that they will ever hear in their entire lives and yet, they treat us like nuisances. Maybe one day they will have another chance to receive this fantastic message and their hearts will be more prepared.

My choir pretty much rocks. Our debut performance kicks of this Sunday.  It's gonna be quite the experience. So far we've just been singing the melody, but the members of the choir insisted on trying to throw a second part into it.  So I have two practices to teach a branch that has no idea how to read music, how to sing the bass line. Wish me luck. Luckily D&C 25 says "for my soul delighteth in the song of the HEART," meaning we can sound absolutely terrible and it will still be a "prayer unto him."

So I’m thinking about being on iron chef when I get home. I've been learning a ton about cooking while I’ve been here and i think I’m ready to take it to the next level.  I'm really trying to learn how to cook some Filipino dishes while I’m here so I can bring the culture home with me. The food here is awesome. Want to hear something that will probably destroy your minds? The other day I actually started to crave fish.  FISH.  It was an experience that I never thought I’d have.  I'm actually learning to like fish. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment