Sunday, April 6, 2014

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet

So let's see. Where to start. Thursday was one of the greatest days of my life.  We had MLC and it was not only a great spiritual experience, but also a wonderful social gathering. I was able to catch up with Elder Hawkins about the area and zone.  He gave me two cute notes from one of my favorite families that they had written to me after their baptism expressing how happy they were to be baptized and how much they wished I could have been there.  So stinkin cute.  Aya, the youngest one, drew a picture of all of us holding hands with huge smiles on our faces. He then proceeded to show me pictures.  Holy crap, it was just amazing. What made it even cooler is that the one who baptized them was a member that we reactivated a couple weeks earlier, Tony. Those families are both attending temple prep classes and are setting their sights on the temple and have goal dates to be sealed in the temple.  That's what missionary work is all about.  
After they told me about their area, they began to tell me about the zone.  Elder Hawkins and I put some hard work into that zone and it finally paid off.  We exceeded every one of our goals and had the highest numbers that the zone has experienced since its creation.  Plus, Bonifacio zone (my zone now) killed it as well.  We have some great missionaries in these zones and they are working hard and bringing about miracles.  It's all about faith. 

I had someone trying to convince me for 10 minutes to give them one of my babies when the time comes that I have babies.  They were serious.  Not joking. They wanted American blood in the family tree. That was weird. 

Taught our "marriage counseling" family a couple times this week.  We didn't notice any change in their relationship until Friday.  We had the most amazing lesson ever.  We began the lesson by explaining the importance of a prophet in our latter day and then connected it to The Family: A proclamation to the world.  It was so powerful.  By the end of the lesson, the spirit in their house had completely changed.  It went from anger to peace.  For brother, it was like a light went off in his head.  He began to ask a question about prophets in the Old Testament and continued talking until he had answered his own question and also described why it was important for us to have a prophet today. It was great.  All we said was "You just described perfectly why we need a prophet."  Not only that, but his wife (who has never showed much interest) opened up and confirmed everything brother said.  Their hearts have been changed.  What an experience.  Gotta love the guidance and converting power of the spirit.  

Had interviews this week with President Stucki.  It went well.  Nothin too crazy. These are the last quarterly interviews that he will be conducting as Mission President.  They head home in July.  I sure will miss them.  They are amazing people.  I'll never forget the impact they have made on my life. 

Had a killer day on Saturday.  We didn't have a ton of work during the beginning of the week because of MLC and Interviews so we were determined to go all out on Saturday.  We prayed hard, worked hard and it paid off.  At the end of the day, we had taught 11 lessons (opening prayer and closing prayer) and found 5 new investigators. Not too bad.  The Lord truly blessed us. 

Elder Manares and I got hit on hard last Monday by a referral we received from a member.  That was uncomfortable. 

We also had to teach district meeting.  Our district leader called us about an hour before and told us that his companion was sick and they were going to the hospital. So we took his spot and kinda winged district meeting.  It was good.  I love teaching.

Speaking of teaching, we have zone meeting this week. It's going to be epic.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

JunJun is still the man.  He works with us all the time.  He has such a great missionary spirit.  I love it. 

6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.

So true. Greatest Worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment