Sunday, June 1, 2014

"Let the Gospel Show in Your Face"

OOOOOHHHHH MMMMMYYYY GGGGGOOOOOSSSSSHHHH!!! My sister is ENGAGED!!! If you could only see me right now! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't even know what to say right now. I am so stinkin happy for you Linds!! And of course, I'm super happy for my future brother in law! (That was weird to say). I sure wish I could be there right now. I would run up to you all and give you the biggest hug in the history of the world. After I gave Lindsay a hug, Jonathan would extend his hand to shake mine and I would exclaim, "Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug!!" And then we'd go cow tipping.  AAAAAHHHHHH I am so dang excited. I've gotta say Jonathan, I’m quite impressed with the proposal. If you asked me to marry you in that way I too would say yes. Seriously, I just want to dance around the streets and sing at the top of my lungs, "It's a beautiful night, I’m looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I want to marry you!" I can hear the church bells ringing already.  The picture you sent me was beautiful Linds.  You are looking gorgeous. Jonathan, you're lookin ok haha joke lang, you're looking gorgeous as well. You just look so happy!! You just look so perfect! I can just see the future unfolding before my eyes.  You're gonna make me some great lookin nieces and nephews. (Was that awkward? I don't feel that emotion anymore). Well I could probably go on for days, but I have to commence my report for the week because my week was also quite eventful. AWW you're engaged!! This whole country is going to know about that before the end of the week. 

Where to even start. I gotta start with Thursday.  (I can't even focus my thoughts right now. I'm just so dang happy). We had MLC and it was great.  I just love MLC. It was President Stucki's last MLC.  Sad. But it was great nonetheless. We talked about a lot of missionary stuff.  I saw all my best buddies. Guess what!? I'm not sure if you remember Maricel, my investigator from Manila 1, but she got baptized this last week!! YAY! Another completed family. I love families. Elder Hawkins told me the funniest story ever. I have to tell it to you.  So Elder Hawkins and Elder Atoigue went to Maricel's house one day and she looked a little frustrated.  At the same time, she was massaging her fist. They inquired as to what was wrong. She said, "Nothing." Then her mom came in and exclaimed that Maricel had punched her husband! Taken off guard, Elder Hawkins asked why and she explained, "Dino (her husband who used to be less active) promised me a few months ago that we would never miss church.  The past couple weeks he has made up excuses not to go to church.  I got frustrated so I punched him." hahahahaha that story made my life. That a girl.  Show you're husband who's boss. It's amazing that when we started teaching her, she did not want to go to church at all. Now, she's enforcing the law of God with her fist. Gotta love the converting power of the gospel. 

Friday was quite the amazing day.  We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Christensen of the presidency of the 70.  It was amazing.  Honestly, I can't even describe how awesome it was. When he walked in, my heart skipped a beat (probably like Lindsay’s did when SHE GOT ENGAGED).  His countenance was bright and the countenance of his wife was even more so. Elder Christensen shared an amazing message.  He had planned this huge thing that he was going to share, but when he stood up to talk he told us,” I feel prompted to share something else with you today." He then went off and illustrated 2 key points of the gospel.  The atonement and the restoration. He talked for about 30 minutes and it was just amazing. If you want to be a general authority you have to treasure up the words or life continually.  It reminded my of a statement President Stucki made: "Until you can teach something, you haven't internalized it." The general authorities have truly internalized the gospel. They are true examples of what it means to be a witness of Jesus Christ at all times, in all things, and in all places.  I hope I can live up to my covenants the way that they do.  As I sit here pondering what I want to share, one statement comes to mind.  Elder Christensen told us, "Let the gospel show in your face." As members of the true church, we should always let the gospel show in our faces. Everyone that comes into contact with us should want to know Jesus Christ because they know us (my paraphrasing of a quote).  They should feel the Savior's love through us.  That is our duty and responsibility as members of this church. 

We got some crazy news the other day.  Elder Manares is training and therefore transferring. I will be staying here in the wonderful Bonifacio 4th ward.  I will be getting a new companion on Wednesday.  His name is Elder Diamse.  I'm way stoked because I already know Elder Diamse really well.  He's American and I know we'll get along great.  I'm super stoked. We're about to tear up this area harder then Elder Manares and I did. It's gonna be tough saying goodbye to Elder Manares though.  We've become pretty good friends. We've had some great times and great success together. 

I've got some sad news. I was informed this last week that Marissa Reyes (the women I baptized in Manila 2nd) passed away this last week. I guess she's been sick and in and out of the hospital for a while and it finally overtook her.  I wasn't told too much about it. They weren't sure what sickness or any details really.  Super sad. That was tough news to hear. I sure love that woman.  The great thing is she passed away an active member of the church. I sure am glad I have such a great knowledge about the plan of salvation. It's great to know that I’ll see her again. Because of the Gospel, death doesn't have to be sad.  In fact, we can rejoice in the fact that she is resting from all her cares.

Let's see... what else is worth telling you.

We took pictures at the mall last Monday with all of our ward missionaries and leaders haha that was great.  

I sweat more sitting here than I used to sweat during soccer games. 

It's really hot.  

It rained for the first time in months the other day!! Raining season is nigh.

My sister is engaged!

One of the less active families that we're working with (the Aneuver family) is finally coming back to church!! They've been two times in a row!

We're moving apartments this week.  Our new apartment has a basketball hoop on the roof.  What up. 

2 of our recent converts have told us that they want to serve missions.  Junjun is one of them. 

I think that's about it for this week. I love you guys and miss you like crazy!! Keep doing what you're doing. 

PS. my sister's engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment