Monday, August 18, 2014

That Changed Fast!!


Well... this week has been a crazy one. I have so much to tell you and so little time to do it in, so prepare yourselves. Probably been one of the craziest weeks of my whole life. I received the package! It was such a great surprise to see it here. I'm stoked to throw out the yellow shirts I’ve been wearing for the past little while. When I noticed the Reeses pieces... I almost started to weep. I miss those so much.

Elder Diamse and I had the most amazing lesson this past week with Jamie and Shala (a less active part member family).  I can't remember if I told you how we found them or not. Great story. If I haven't, let me know and I’ll tell you next week. Anyway, at the conclusion of our lesson, Sister Shala said one of the most amazing things ever.  She was telling us about her experience with the Book of Mormon. She explained that since she has started meeting with us and reading the Book of Mormon she has felt an increase of peace in her house and in her relationship with her husband. She then made the connection that such a blessing can only come from the Lord testifying to her of truth. It was such a special experience. 

My boy Elias.  He is the investigator I told you about last week that we found through the great example of our member. This past week we have shared with him a couple times and it turns out that he is prepared by the Lord. He is very familiar with the Bible. That knowledge sometimes makes it hard for him to accept anything else as scripture, but he's coming along. He is truly searching for the truth. He often tells Jio that he's so excited for our next lessons because we can answer all of his questions. Elias is such a fun guy to teach because he really makes me think. He asks questions that other investigators don't ask. He's the type of person that will lead the church when he's baptized. 

All right. Now for the crazy stuff. 

I received a text from President Ostler on Saturday night requesting an interview the following day. During the interview, he extended a new assignment to me. He then informed me that I would be starting the next day (Monday). What the. My mind was blown. I would have to leave my beloved ward and some of my great friends. The rest of the day was full of amazing experiences with some really great people. I made the announcement at the close of our coordination meeting and it was bitter sweet. In the meeting, Junjun (our recent convert) began to cry and it was quite emotional. 

We then began to go about our day and go to our set appointments. One of those was with Edmar and Jenna. I cannot tell you how much I love that family. I will miss them so much. I was expecting to have a couple more weeks with them before I would have to leave. However, the Lord has different plans. It was hard to say goodbye. 

Later that night, we gathered at a family home evening at the house of a member. It was super sweet. At the close of the family home evening, those in attendance took turns saying a couple words of thanks. It was super embarrassing, but super nice of them. We then had a wonderful meal. They bought a cake and had a message written on the top of the cake dedicated to my service in the ward. I truly was blessed to serve in one of the best wards ever with some of the best members ever. I will never forget them. I sure do love 'em. 

At the end of the night, I made a call to sister Pia to inform her that I was transferring. After I made the announcement, she began to cry. It was so sad. She stated through tears, "You can't transfer. You promised that you would be the one to baptize my family." It was one of the most heart wrenching conversations of my entire mission. We stopped by her house earlier today and the tears began to flow again. It was a tough goodbye. I know that family will be united through gospel ordinances before too long. I will really miss them. 

That takes us into today. There are so many more things I wish I could tell you about yesterday, but that will have to due for now. All I can say is that I love that ward and I always will. I'll never forget them. 

Not quite sure exactly everything that I’ll be doing in this calling but hears a glimpse into some of the things that will be happening in the upcoming weeks. 

Getting my Philippines drivers license and begin driving on Manila roads (probably the craziest roads in the world. Look 'em up).

Coordinating transfer days and other special conferences. 

Working close with Elder Ardern of the area presidency in the upcoming mission tour. 

Monitoring the work of the mission and working a lot with President Ostler (one of the most amazing guys I have ever met (besides my dad)).

It's going to be a crazy couple transfers. I'll let you know more about it next week when I actually have my head on straight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment