Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dengue Fever

It's been quite a week.  Probably the most stressful week of my life. We've had a ton going on over here in the Manila 2nd ward.  

So I'll begin with my new companion. My new companion's name is Elder Villoso. He's an awesome missionary and pretty much knows everything about missionary work so training is way easy.  He's extremely nice and has a huge heart.  He cares about everyone and loves to talk. I think we'll get along well and have a great couple transfers together.

This week has been really crazy because I've pretty much been trying to operate two areas.  Since our area was just split, we have two new sisters in the other side of our area.  So I've been trying to help them around and get them all settled in.  I gave them a tour of their area but the streets here are impossible to remember so it didn't do too much.  It took me a whole transfer to figure out all of the alleyways and roads. It would be really tough trying to jump into an area without knowing anyone or knowing where to go.  

Here's a great story for ya.  On Saturday, we were in a lesson and I looked down and noticed that I had red spots all over my arms.  I just kind of shrugged it off and we continued about our day.  Later that night I examined the dots more closely and discovered that they covered my entire body.  Yeah it was like I had chicken pocks or something.  A couple hours later, after arriving at home I started to get really cold and developed a fever.  Then came the body aches.  I called Sister Stucki who informed me that I probably have Dengue.  Yep.  Isn't that awesome? So I've spent half the day yesterday and pretty much all of today in bed.  Not fun.  But I'm starting to feel a lot better so I should be past it before too long. 
           
We had a really great day yesterday at church.  As a ward, we had 9 investigators at church.  It was fantastic.  Two of those were a husband and wife that we just started teaching this week.  They are golden.  They are so ready to hear the gospel.  They have two kids and are just a great family. We taught them right after church and it went fantastic.  There were tears and the spirit was so strong. Their baptism will be on Nov 2. Gotta love missionary work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment